Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Talahi Elementary- Day 4

Today at Talahi we pretty fun. I have been getting to know the students a lot better. Ms. Atkinson herself is beginning to open up more than normal which has been fun.

I think I have become pretty good friends with the copy machine in the school office. Today I made about 50 copies of different sheets and even learned how to enlarge. She always has some tasks for Emily and I to do right away in the morning. The kids are definitely warming up to Ms. H (Emily) and Ms. S (Me). They have finally learned our names so that in the morning when we greet one another during the meeting they no longer give us just a blank stare.

It is quite interesting to see how the students come into the classroom in the morning. The announcements come on the TV and there are about 3 students in the room if we are lucky. That gives Emily, Ms. Atkinson and I some solos during the pledge of allegiance. The kindergarteners are slow to get moving in the morning. Their tasks a lot of the time don't get finished. It seems like if she had a list everyday of their jobs it would go a lot smoother.

I still don't know what to make of this "take a break" deal. I feel like no one can use it effectively but I can also see how it has potential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home