Sunday, February 17, 2008

Talahi Elementary- Day 2

Things seemed to be a lot more structured in the Kindergarten class today. I think it all depends on the day and the mood of the classroom and what is going on. It still seemed very weird to me that there are always about six teachers in the classroom. I have never been in a classroom like this. I feel as though it is just more chaotic with the more adults.

I am still getting used to the names of the children. I am having a hard time only going for three hours every morning. I feel like we only see a part of the day and its the same part everyday. It's hard to grasp the full atmosphere of the day and how everything runs.

I did notice how unorganized the teacher was. In small group she has papers scattered all over the floor around her teaching chair and morning meeting board. She also has about three tables with just piles of her stuff on them. I remember working in my daycare at home and we had to keep everything in the closet unless it was accessible for the children as well. Having twenty some 5 year olds in a classroom there is no reason why the teacher should act as though she lives in the classroom. I decided the only areas students could go was their table, the group rug and the book area. This seemed to frustrate me quite a bit. If she was more organized then she wouldn't have such a chaotic classroom and teaching would be a lot easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home