Sunday, February 17, 2008

Expo Elementary- Day 5

Today was the final day at Expo. I miss it a lot and can’t believe it is over. Today my kids definitely showed me how much they would miss me when I was gone. I don’t think I have ever gotten more hugs in my life. The girls were constantly clinging to my sides. They even went as far to tell me that in honor of me leaving, they would wear a side pony just for me the day after I was gone. I put a headband in and a pony tail in everyday and wasn’t aware it made such a fast impression on the girls.



My favorite part was when Mrs. Olson made me take about 100 pictures with the kids and herself. We spent about 40 min. just taking pictures. A lot of the kids brought me valentines and made me goodbye cards. This little boy Espen made me a card with only pictures and told me he wanted to write me a note but he just is better at drawing pictures. If I wanted I could come back around Christmas or Saint Patrick’s Day.



I had lunch with the children today. I promised them for my last day I would eat with them instead of the teachers. It was interesting at lunch to see how the children interact when there isn’t a teacher around. Turns out that there was a bit of arguing at one of the girls tables. A young girl named grace was yelling and pushing another girl named Ana away from her table. She was shouting at her and telling her that she didn’t want her to sit next to her because she didn’t like her. I immediately interrupted by saying that we do not exclude our friends. She immediately responded by telling me that she is not her friend! At this point she was crying and hyperventilating. I had to tell her in a firm voice that the discussion was over and if I heard anymore she would be removed from the lunch room. The rest of the girls at the other table overheard this and invited Ana to come sit with them. This experience reminded me of the overwhelming drama of young girls. I know I will have a no tolerance rule for this in my classroom.



The students also created crazy bunny valentine bags for all their candy. All in all it was a great end to my Expo experience. I got to chat it up with the principle and really get to know my kids. I love EXPO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home