Sunday, February 17, 2008

Talahi Elementary- Day 1

My experience at Talahi was a bit different than what I expected. Emily and I were placed in a kindergarten class with about fifteen students. It was pretty crazy because the teacher seemed very random and chaotic. In the 3 hours we were there about twenty volunteers went in and out of the classroom. It was absolutely crazy and we had no clue who they were or why they only stayed for about ten minutes. The children were all at different levels and it didn’t seem like there was any structure to the classroom. There was no consistency to her disciplinary style. I felt like I was babysitting and after 4 years of working with 5 year olds in a daycare, I am ready for something new. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the week goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home